October 8, 2017
2 - 4:30 pm
The October Meeting will be a brainstorming session for club members to create a Club Platform consisting of issues that members believe are important. There will be butcher paper up on the wall and each member may state any issue or issues that they believe are important. In case an issue is controversial, a vote will be taken and 60% approval will be required. After the Platform is agreed upon it will be organized into a questionnaire to give to candidates who seek the club's endorsement.
Some things that could be included in the platform are:
- single payer health care
- transaction tax for speculation
- city owned banks
- state owned banks
- elimination of the electoral college
- free college education for all
- end the Federal Reserve
- climate mobilization for America
- guaranteed annual income (Finland and Oakland are doing a pilot, Fortune Magazine has 10 different examples in Africa of guaranteed minimum income)
Here is a link from the CADEMS on last years' platform. More
The La Jolla Democratic Club is dedicated to voter education and supporting Democratic campaigns. Founded in 1956, it continues to be a group committed to furthering the principles, candidates and causes of the Democratic Party. The Club members are involved in grass root organizing for numerous campaigns, organizations, projects and causes.