Call to Mobilize
Climate change is causing immense human suffering and damage to the natural world.
It threatens the collapse of civilization within this century.
Confronting this crisis is the great moral imperative of our time.
Therefore We Call on the United State Government To:
1. Immediately commence a social and economic mobilization to restore a climate that is safe, stable and supportive of human civilization. This heroic campaign shall be carried out on the scale of the American World War II home front mobilization, and will require hard work and shared sacrifice from all Americans.
2. Reduce our country’s net greenhouse gas emissions 100 percent by 2025 and implement far-reaching measures to remove greenhouse gases from the atmosphere.
3. Enlist tens of millions of Americans in efforts to rapidly expand our carbon-neutral energy and agricultural systems, conduct groundbreaking research, and implement large-scale adaptation measures. As in WWII, full employment will be achieved.
4. Conduct this mobilization in accordance with the Constitution and ensure that the essential needs of the civilian economy are met during this time of transition.
5. Establish the following imperatives as our nation’s top foreign policy priorities: A 100 percent reduction of global net greenhouse gas emissions at wartime speed, and the deployment of comprehensive measure that remove greenhouse gases from the atmosphere until a safe climate is restored.